Specialty syllabus changes
This page describes the changes made to the Specialty syllabus for the Fall 2017 exam. There were no additional changes made for the Spring 2018 exam.
The following readings were added to the syllabus:
- ASOP #23 – Data Quality. This ASOP is also on the Core US and Core Canada syllabi.
- ASOP #41 – Actuarial Communications. This ASOP is also on the Core US and Core Canada syllabi.
- Report on the Proposed 2016 Cancer Claim Cost Valuation Tables
- Chapter 13 of Healthcare Risk Adjustment and Predictive Modeling by Duncan. This chapter is on Medicaid Risk Adjustment.
- GHS-119-17, various pages – The HHS-HCC Risk Adjustment Model for Individual and Small Group Markets under the ACA. This paper is moving over from the Core US syllabus.
- GHS-120-17, pages 35-69 excluding section 4.2.4 – HHS-Operated Risk Adjustment Methodology Meeting Discussion Paper
And the following readings were removed:
- GHS-107-16, various sections – MCCSR Guideline 2015. This reading is moving to the Core Canada syllabus.
- GHS-108-14 – Group MCCSR Calculation Study Note 2010. This reading is also moving to the Core Canada syllabus.
- Enterprise Risk Management. This is a small article from the Health Section News in 2006.
- Chapter 15 of Healthcare Risk Adjustment and Predictive Modeling by Duncan. This chapter is on Risk Adjustment and Health Care Reform: The Example of Massachusetts. This was the source of exam questions in Spring 2016 and Spring 2017.
- GHS-118-16 – Code Theory: The Impact of ICD-10 on Predictive Modeling