Specialty syllabus changes
This page describes the changes made to the Specialty syllabus for the Fall 2017 exam.
The following readings were added to the syllabus:
- ASOP #23 – Data Quality. This ASOP is also on the Core US and Core Canada syllabi.
- ASOP #41 – Actuarial Communications. This ASOP is also on the Core US and Core Canada syllabi.
- Report on the Proposed 2016 Cancer Claim Cost Valuation Tables
- Chapter 13 of Healthcare Risk Adjustment and Predictive Modeling by Duncan. This chapter is on Medicaid Risk Adjustment.
- GHS-119-17, various pages – The HHS-HCC Risk Adjustment Model for Individual and Small Group Markets under the ACA. This paper is moving over from the Core US syllabus.
- GHS-120-17, pages 35-69 excluding section 4.2.4 – HHS-Operated Risk Adjustment Methodology Meeting Discussion Paper
And the following readings were removed:
- GHS-107-16, various sections – MCCSR Guideline 2015. This reading is moving to the Core Canada syllabus.
- GHS-108-14 – Group MCCSR Calculation Study Note 2010. This reading is also moving to the Core Canada syllabus.
- Enterprise Risk Management. This is a small article from the Health Section News in 2006.
- Chapter 15 of Healthcare Risk Adjustment and Predictive Modeling by Duncan. This chapter is on Risk Adjustment and Health Care Reform: The Example of Massachusetts. This was the source of exam questions in Spring 2016 and Spring 2017.
- GHS-118-16 – Code Theory: The Impact of ICD-10 on Predictive Modeling